Tuesday, December 16, 2008

JoePa To Stay On At PSU Through 2011

I'm not a huge college football fan, nor am I an alumnus of Penn State (although Mrs. Goldwater is a proud graduate). I just thought this was interesting - at the conclusion of next year's season, Joe Paterno will have been with the Penn State coaching staff (both as assistant and head coach) for 60 years.

No wonder he keeps signing contract extensions, they appear to be keeping him alive. Actually, I suspect he died in 1994, and they just carry out one of those cardboard cutouts onto the field every Saturday. They don't grow 'em too bright in Happy Valley.

I'm just kidding, Mrs. Goldwater.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another 3 years of the ass-ugliest uniforms in college football.

Goldwater's Ghost said...

Oh, I don't know about that - have you seen the University of Oregon's?

GG

Anonymous said...

Bear Bryant died within months after he retired, so I would imagine coaching is keeping Joe Paterno alive. Interesting enough, Bear Bryant was quoted as saying that he would probably craok within a week after retiring. He wasn't too far off.