Monday, December 29, 2008

Because She’s, Um, You Know, A Kennedy…

Demonstrating her genetic predisposition toward politics, Senate hopeful Caroline Kennedy-Schlossberg brilliantly affected the colloquialisms of her intended constituents in order to prove to reporters that she’s “a lot like us.” In a recent media sit-down, Kennedy-Schlossberg explained that she wouldn’t be beholden to anyone (excluding, I assume, the State of New York) should she be chosen Most Popular by Gov. Paterson.

“I'm really coming into this as somebody who isn't, you know (emphasis mine), part of the system, who obviously, you know, stands for the values of, you know, the Democratic Party," Kennedy-Schlossberg told reporters. "I know how important it is to, you know, to be my own person. And, you know, and that would be obviously true with my relationship with the mayor.”

This is the product of years of private tutelage and finishing schools? And people criticize Bush for his grammar mangling despite an Ivy League pedigree. Perhaps I’m being too hard on Mrs. Kennedy-Schlossberg. After all, the left was entirely accommodating of Sarah Palin’s Wasilla-by-way-of-Fargo accent and limited national exposure. And I would hope that the press will hold Mrs. Kennedy-Schlossberg to the same standard as Palin when they invade every facet of her private life and voting record (or lack thereof).

I didn’t wholeheartedly support Palin in the general election, but I’d choose that soccer mom over the Kennedy-Schlossberg model anytime.

2 comments:

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Well put.

Anonymous said...

She couldn't have sprinkled her comments with a few "likes" and maybe a "youknowwhatI'msayin" or two?