Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Winning Hearts And Minds

Shouldn’t this be working the other way? Shouldn’t a US congressional delegation meeting with a Marxist dictator with a history of brutal suppression of his nation’s citizenry be extolling the virtues of capitalism, free market and democratic reforms instead of the other way around?

“What really surprised me, but also endeared me to him, was his keen sense of humor, his sense of history and his basic human qualities,” said Representative Bobby Rush (D-IL). Oh brother. No doubt this would come as a surprise to Cuban ex-pats currently living in the US and the countless thousands of their friends and relatives who suffered and died as a result of Castro’s “qualities”.

He’s a charmer, that Fidel…

3 comments:

Mudge said...

Well said, GG. I love that Bobby Gush, I mean Rush, enjoyed Fidel's sense of history. I can imagine that a US Congressman with apparently zero sense of history might very well enjoy that.

Mudge said...

BTW GG, you do realize you have to step up your prolificnessism (copyright applied for) with CW taking a breather this week, don't you?

Goldwater's Ghost said...

I will do my best.

GG