Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Enough Already - Declare Franken Winner

Look, I'm not any more ecstatic about the prospect of a Senator Al Franken any more than most of the folks who peruse this site are. But the fact of the matter is that after all of the legal remedies were exhausted, Franken won. He won by the slimmest of margins, but he won nonetheless.

It is time for Norm Coleman to accept the hand dealt him, acknowledge his disastrous campaign, and move on.

The citizens of Minnesota deserve it. Boy, do they deserve it.

3 comments:

Sally said...

I agree with you that Coleman should accept this. It's getting downright stupid. I wonder how much of this is Coleman and how much pressure he's getting from McConnell to keep that vote of Franken's out of the Senate.
But as a native Minnesotan I feel obligated to point out that there's no way Franken legitimately WON this contest, GG. Way too many shenanigans going on the last few months up there. In a state with same day registration and no voter ID required, I'm surprised more election drama hasn't happened up there in the past.
But your closing shot at Minnesotans is just downright mean! Knock it off!

Goldwater's Ghost said...

Sally, no disrespect to you or other sensible Minnesotans, but the fact that Franken even stood a chance in this race is reason enough for the parting shot.

By the way, huge Viking fan; which is odd considering that I've lived in the Philadelphia area for my entire life.

GG

Doc Milnamo said...

I will vouch for GG's fascination with the Vikings.