Saturday, November 15, 2008

Welcome

For those of you who have stumbled upon my little social experiment, welcome.

I don't mean to start off my first blog posting sounding like a Penthouse Forum letter, but I never thought I'd be writing....er, um, it's not like I've ever read Penthouse Forum or anything, that's just what I've heard.

I initially tended to view blogs with distain; that is, until I was asked to host my brother's site a few months ago while he was off on vacation. For those of you interested, his blog is the Conservative Wahoo - please give it a read, you won't be disappointed.

As the nameplate implies, my hope for this site is that it will become a meeting place for the loyal opposition cast to the backbench of an Obama Administration. But please make no mistake, all views and opinions will be welcome and respected. But more on that later.

But all politics and no brain candy makes for dull reading and discussion. As you'll find as we go along together on this journey, I was raised like a veal. When other kids were riding bikes and enjoying the benefits of outdoor activity, I could be found in the comfort of climate control in front of the television. Like it or not, television, movies and other pop culture distractions have become an indelible fixture of our American society and politics - so I say we revel in it.

And if you don't agree with me on my mission statement, then get your own Goddamn blog!

No comments: