Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The President’s Press Conference

President Obama has scheduled his second prime time news conference since taking office in January, presumably to answer questions concerning the bank bailout plan, AIG bonuses, Iran and reports that he intends to replace Press Secretary Robert Gibbs with his teleprompter.

To make this fun for those of you playing at home, try viewing tonight’s festivities with your favorite bottle of spirits nearby, and take a drink every time you hear the President say, or make reference to the following (or close to it):

- I didn’t create this mess, but I’m going to clean it up
- The last ten years of poor policy decisions have led to this climate of greed
- I inherited over a trillion dollars in debt, but my plan will halve it by 2012
- My stimulus bill has already begun to have a positive impact on the economy
- Responsibility for the AIG bonuses begins and ends with me; but…
- Pahk-eee-stahn

That should be a good enough start. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny.

Goldwater's Ghost said...

Thank you Mrs. Goldwater...